Review this document for instructions regarding the Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Services Application.
Lionheart WORKS is a Now/Comp Waiver Vendor and accepts self-directed waiver participants.
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency operates five integrated and interdependent statutory programs that share a primary goal - to help people with disabilities to become fully productive members of society by achieving independence and meaningful employment. Lionheart WORKS is an approved GVRA vendor and is accepting referrals through the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency (GVRA). If you are a VR counselor, fill out our Referral Form.
Available VR Services:
- Work Readiness Training (630)
Service is a set of instructional activities designed to give individuals an opportunity to develop job seeking and job retention skills.
- Job Coaching (940)
Service is a set of intensive one-on-one services including job-task analysis, job training, job behavior management, developing natural supports and employer relations needs to ensure client retention.
- Work Adjustment Training (Community) (704)
Work Adjustment Training services are a comprehensive, time-limited individualized process that assists clients seeking employment to develop or reestablish job readiness skills, work habits and behaviors, quality and quantity of work, personal and social skills, functional capacities and appropriate attitude toward employment.
- Career Orientation/Job Sampling
Job Sampling is a short period of job observation and/or job tryout(s) on a community employment site in order to assist the client in choosing an appropriate employment goal consistent with aptitudes and interests as determined by client feedback, informed choice and instructor observation.
- Work Evaluation
A Work Evaluation is a short term assessment (30 business days or less) that utilizes objective observations of work behaviors, physical capacities, work habits, interpersonal skills and functional skills to determine vocational options and interventions by having the client in a work situation. Observations may come from specific job settings or a variety of work samples. The purpose of Work Evaluation services is to determine client work habit, strengths, barriers and needs and assess the client’s vocational options and recommend appropriate interventions, necessary services and training.
- Support Employment
•Supported Employment services are on-going support services and other appropriate services that assist an individual in entering or maintaining integrated competitive employment, based on the individual’s needs as specified in the work plan for supported employment.
- Customized Support Employment
Customized Supported Employment is a person-centered placement strategy combined with supported employment services. It is a process-driven concept with four required components:
- Discovery: A person-centered planning process that is used to determine the job seeker’s interests, skills, preferences and ideal employment conditions that guide the development of a customized job.
- Customized Employment Planning: Opportunity to use the information learned during the Discovery process to develop a plan towards meaningful employment
- Job Development and Negotiation: Working collaboratively with the job seeker and the employer to negotiate a customized job; the provision of supports, terms of employment, conditions necessary for success and the specific unmet needs of the employer that will be fulfilled by the job-seekers contributions.
- Post-Employment support: Through the provision of supported employment services, post-employment support and monitoring will ensure satisfaction of both the individual and the employer.